Resumes (Scroll down for Job Search Letters)
Today's job search is a marketing campaign. To get the attention of recruiters and hiring managers, I'll develop documents that showcase your unique value, target specific jobs, and optimize relevant keywords, so you get invited to interviews. Let me help you create a powerful personal brand that helps you stand out from the crowd and get noticed!
What you can expect from me:
- Custom documents prepared from scratch with content that's developed exclusively for you; no generic resumes or templates. I'll tell your story in a way that captures the attention of hiring managers and separates you from the competition.
- Personal attention. I accept only a limited number of projects at a time and don't do rush orders to give your project the time and care it deserves. You work exclusively with me from start to finish.
- Collaborative and comprehensive process to gather information for your documents that also prepares you for interviews.
- Resume best practices to ensure your documents score high in applicant tracking software systems (ATS) and can be found easily in recruiter searches.
My qualifications include:
- Nationally Certified Resume Writer (the most rigorous and meaningful credential in the resume writing industry; only 58 worldwide)
- Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (LinkedIn)
- Professional Certified Coach (10+ years of experience in career coaching)
- Graduate of the National Resume Writers Association's esteemed Writing Excellence Program
- Authorized DISC Administrator and Behavorial Consultant
- Active Member of The National Resume Writers Association, Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches, and Career Directors International
I have spent my entire career helping people like you to find their ideal path, prepare for their dream job, and promote themselves effectively. My talents include an eagle eye for detail and the ability to ask powerful questions to dig deep and draw out your best. I love positioning clients for success!
Please note: I don't write federal resumes or international CVs. I also don't do rush jobs or write resumes for people without clear job targets.
Job Search Letters
To be successful in your job search, you may need different types of correspondence, depending on the application requirements. Just like your resume, these letters need to be targeted to specific positions and addressed directly to individuals: generic and "Dear Sir/Madam" letters are not effective.
The three types of job search letters I provide are:
- Formal Job Search Letters accompany your resume and are written for specific jobs to which you are applying. In order to create formal letters, I need a copy of the job announcement, so I can show how you meet the company's requirements, make sure your letter is addressed to the correct person, and incorporate important keywords, so you receive a high ATS ranking. The design of formal letters is matched to your resume to ensure consistent branding.
- eLetters are used when submitting applications online or sending your resume by email. eLetters are similar to formal documents in content, keywords, and customization to specific jobs, but are shorter and less formal. I convey your value to the company in a concise manner and send you a plain text version that can easily be pasted into an email or uploaded with an application.
- Recruiter or Networking Letters are used when sending resumes to recruiters, people you have met or been referred to while networking, or companies you are interested in, whether or not they have open positions. These letters are similar to formal job search letters, except the purpose is to build relationships and inquire about opportunities, present or future.